Lions & Dragons, Oh My

A few months back, John and I explored  Chinatown in Washington, DC. I brought one of my favorite 35mm film stocks, Kodak Portra800, along for our day of adventuring and it did not disappoint. It was a feast for the eyes and I'm excited to share a few of my favorite images with you. Kodak's Portra800 is known for beautifully capturing stark contrast in color and its beautiful, creamy skin tones. It's pretty perfect. 

We were able to park (a HUGE accomplishment for our very large vehicles in a city of tiny parking decks & spaces) and grab a coffee in just enough time to secure a solid view of the Chinese New Year Parade. We had no idea what to expect, but as soon as we heard the ringing of the gongs and felt the beat of the drums in our chests, we knew we were in for a treat. The energy of the parade's participants totally enchanted us. We couldn't peel our eyes away from the bright colors and ornate details; it was awe-inspiring, artful and beautiful. Enjoy!

xo,
Britt


















Popular Posts